Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Winning Of Hailey Kesler

hailey1
Little miss Hailey is growing up. She has been working hard on improving her roping skills. When I first met Hailey she was 6 years old. Now she is 14 and becoming an excellent young lady. She has a great love of animals and is so kind to them.I see her out there daily riding around on Diesel practicing. She was able to go to a roping in Wickenburg, Arizona in January and came back with a check! I asked her to tell me about the day and these are her words:
I felt bad because I had just missed for my dad. We were high call with a 19 on 3. I had one more person to rope with though and we were 3rd high call. The pressure was definitely on!
I ended up winning $515.00. It felt so exciting! I could not stop smiling. I just couldn’t believe that I had won 3rd place. I was on Diesel because he is my main horse. He is my favorite animal on the planet. He is always so good to rope on. He just is always honest and doesn’t cheat you. I was so overwhelmed with fear when it came time to rope the short go steer! I was just nervous I was going to miss, but I just went out there and roped it nice and consistently and I caught! It was the best feeling ever!
hailey2

Practice does pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment